Photobucket

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Number Bond Math Game!!!


The past couple of days have been a little nuts…the kids seem to have forgotten just about EVERY routine and procedure they’ve learned this year! Ugh! I guess they’re ready for Fall Break. At least I’m getting a chance to work on my patience. J

So today I was teaching a math lesson on number bonds and decomposing numbers in addition sentences, and the kids were just NOT getting it!!! I finally just ended the lesson and told them we’d try again tomorrow. A very wise friend told me I just need to have the kids practice decomposing, decomposing, decomposing. (The obvious is never quite as obvious as it should be when you’re in the middle of the drama, right?)
And so, my Number Bond Bonanza game was born!
This game provides kiddos with a chance to practice decomposing numbers over and over again, and to practice creating number bonds. Along with the fun game, I have included a recording sheet and a practice sheet. I can’t wait to try my game in class tomorrow! Hopefully this will do the trick. I’ll let you know how it goes! Let me know how it goes in your classroom. And download it {here}!
 
 
Happy Almost FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

 
back to top